Bodyweight workouts? Going weightless? You may be thinking how tough could this be… and can they build muscles?
You are on the right path to begin a type of workout that get you toned and bigger muscles, develop insane strength and increase flexibility without even going to the gym.
What is Calisthenics?
Calisthenics is similar to weight training but only your bodyweight to build full functional strength, flexibility, mobility, and skills.
Build an insane strength and mad callisthenic skills using your bodyweight solely for resistance and relying on minimal equipment. You can develop all round fitness with nothing more than a few equipment and your bodyweight. Forget the latest Hammer Strength machines or the nice new set of dumbbells.
Calisthenics is about making moves as tough as possible to brutally challenge your strength and stamina.
FEATURED WORKOUTS: BAR BROTHERS SYSTEM
You might be familiar with a lot of the basic moves already, such as dips, pull-ups, crunches, and hanging leg raises. Bodyweight movements offer a variety of advantages.
- Insane muscle growth while losing fat simultaneously. Calisthenics are compound exercises, which means multiple muscle groups have to work together. Bodyweight training gets your body to naturally burn fat while building muscle and strength at the same time.
- Increase your flexibility and mobility. Calisthenics moves train your body to become flexible to be able to position and move your body so that you can use all that strength in the most efficient way.
- Improve your skill levels. Although some of the moves may be basic and fit for beginners, you can raise the intensity by modifying the techniques, speed and rest period. If you have mastered push-ups, try again with your feet elevated after a set of heavy chest presses.
- Strengthen your joints – naturally. Unlike 400 lbs. leg press, you will be using your bodyweight to develop strength – the way your body is designed to. If you want to enhance your ability to be able to perform impressive moves, muscle strength is not enough.
- Achieve physique transformation… and have fun while you develop a naturally strong physique. Your body will transform into a lean gymnast-like physique. Become the best version of yourself.
- No need for special equipment. Calisthenics is ideal when you are on the road or do not have access to the gym. In fact, you can do a complete head to toe workout with your bodyweight moves. You can do it anywhere, anytime.
- It is not boring! It can be boring doing the same sets all the time with weight lifting. Your creativity is the limit when it comes to calisthenics. There are hundreds of movements you can choose from, and you can combine everything you want to increase the resistance in countless ways.
Also, calisthenics is an excellent strength training for all kinds of sports. It promotes weight loss and is a good start of bodybuilding if that’s what you want to do in the future.
Basic Calisthenics Exercises to Start With
If you are interested in getting into calisthenics workouts, I am sure you have already seen many YouTube videos in which guys make amazing “ninja” movements. But before you make the human flag or one arm pull ups, you need to be really strong at the basics calisthenics exercises:
- Ab exercises – Having a strong core is crucial for calisthenics as there are many body weight abdominal exercises.
- Squats – To strengthen your legs.
- Various dips – This type of workouts is responsible for strengthening your entire body.
- Various pull ups – Pull-ups are essential for building a strong back, arms, and secondary muscle like your abs and shoulders.
- Pushups – Pushups will strengthen your chest, triceps, and shoulders.
The other exercises you may have seen are simply the variations or the combination of these core workouts.
Tips for Beginners.
The major mistake I have seen beginners do is that they do not perform the exercises correctly. Worse, people give up street workout after a few months because they did not get results. The main reason is that they did not do the exercises correctly. It is better to do five pushups correctly than doing 20 improper ones. Controlling the motion is crucial! You will not build strong muscles if you like to yourself!
If you have some extra pounds, begin doing cardio and start a diet. Eliminate sugar rich foods and include vegetables, nuts, fruits and protein meals are a good start. When I started doing bodyweight training, I was 135 lbs.! I knew I need to drop some pounds to get the results I wanted. Learn more about healthy nutrition here.
Stretching exercises before and after your workouts are necessary to prevent strains and injuries. Stretching helps muscle recover and to be more flexible.
Ultimately, it takes time to get results. Those guys in the videos have been training for years. Increase the sets and repetitions little by little to keep your progression. Include tougher activities when you are getting better. If certain body parts are weak, integrate the exercises that will strengthen them. The bottom line is you have to discover calisthenics workouts yourself to reach your goals. So be patient and never give up!
Discover what your body is capable of
Whether you are a new or advanced athlete, some programs that will help you guide you through the process and reach your goals instead of wasting time trying everything out yourself. Of course, there is no substitute for hard work but having a personal coach will save you time and make your path much easier.
If you want to skip years of frustrations and instantly get results, Bar Brothers is the best calisthenics training program I have ever seen… and I have tested a lot of them. Let’s get started on the life-changing journey. It is the LAST advanced calisthenics training you will ever need.
FEATURED WORKOUTS: BAR BROTHERS SYSTEM
Here are some of the workout routines you can try: